The Administration of Food and Nutrition Dept (FNA) is an important part of Ministry of Health , Kuwait. This administration is responsible for providing the best nutritional care for the people of Kuwait. FNA is continuously working hard to improve the quality of dietetic services and its standards of food and nutrition care. FNA participates and organizes conference s and seminars for the advancement for its food and nutrition care system in The State of Kuwait.
FNA consists of following departments:
Improve food and nutrition services provided in hospitals, health centers and medical affiliates by achieving high quality specialized services that conform to standards of food safety and nutrition in health-care settings.
The Administration of Food and Nutrition is associated with development and recommendation of food and nutrition services in hospitals, health centers and medical affiliates. It ensures the implementation of all standards of performance and quality of food and nutrition services as follows:
– Monitor and evaluate the performance of food services contractors in hospitals and health centers and its implementation.
– Management and implementation of nutrition services and policies of patient hospital ward, clinics, health centers and medical affiliates.
– Coordination between food and nutrition services, hospital departments, clinics, health centers and medical affiliates.
– To participate in the elaboration and development of the food and nutrition plan.
Work System :
Outreach Clinics, Hospitals and Health Centers
1- Patient registration for nutrition care
– Referral from GP
– Patient data
– Lab results and attach a copy in registration file
– Body measurements: Height and weight
2- Accomplish document and state nutrition care strategy